To introduce learners to the subject of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Explain what a vulnerable adult is
- Describe the categories of abuse
- Describe the signs of abuse
- Explain the procedure to deal with abuse
- Describe the relevant law and legislation
Duration: 3 hours
- Applicable legislation – The Human Rights Act 1998, The Mental Capacity Act 2005 (DoLS), The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, The Mental Health Act 1983 (2007), The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (2012)
- Safeguarding Adults Principles
- What is safeguarding?
- The safeguarding process
- What is a vulnerable adult?
- Who are the perpetrators?
- Categories or abuse – Discriminatory, Sexual, Physical, Financial, Emotional, Neglect, Institutional
- Signs of abuse
- How to deal with a disclosure