To introduce learners to the mental capacity act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Understand what mental capacity is and how to act can help people who lack capacity
- Understand what deprivation of liberty is and how deprivation of liberty safeguards can help people who lack capacity.
Duration: 3 hours
- What is mental capacity?
- What does the mental capacity act tell us?
- What is not covered by the act?
- What is best interests?
- How to assess capacity
- What is deprivation of liberty?
- Why do we need safeguards?
- When can safeguards be used?
- The code of practice