Learners must demonstrate a satisfactory level of knowledge and will complete a multiple choice assessment.
Learners will understand the definition of health and safety and occupational health. They will learn the importance of their role in maintaining a safe working environment and how they can contribute to the culture of safety. The need to ‘manage’ safety by adopting pro-active strategies. Provide underpinning knowledge for Managers, Supervisors and Safety Officers.
- Criminal and Civil law
- Accident prevention and Risk Assessment
- Reporting of Incidents/ accidents and RIDDOR 95
- Environmental, Human and Occupational Hazards
- The importance of ‘Managing’ workplace safety
- Machinery and work equipment
- Moving and handling
- Display screen equipment (DSE)
- Handling hazardous substances, COSHH and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Fire safety
Duration: 6 hours