This qualification will provide learners with a basic understanding of how to approach end of life situations sensitively, respectfully, effectively and with a focus on quality. Therefore learners will develop knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Different perspectives on death and dying
- Aims policies and principles of end of life care
- Factors regarding communication in end of life care
- How to access the range of support services available to individuals and others
There is one mandatory unit for this qualification:
- Understand how to work in end of life care
This qualification is for individuals who currently work as health and social care workers or for individuals who are interested in this type of care work.
For individuals who currently work within the care sector, this qualification provides the opportunity to advance their knowledge and understanding and can be used as part of their CPD.
End of life care is a specialist area of care but it is also acknowledged that quality end of life care should be provided by all carers when necessary.
Duration: 72 hours