Learners will have attained an increased awareness of the types, causes, signs, symptoms and the holistic care of the person with dementia.
Learners will have an increased knowledge of how to support and give holistic care to a person with dementia. They will understand the relevant Law and legalities. This will result in enhanced quality of care for both the person, their carer’s and families.
- Types and causes of dementia
- Sign, symptoms, risk factors and treatment options
- Activities of daily living and communication
- Holistic care and person centred approach
- Responses to behaviour
- The effects on younger people with dementia
- Assessment and care planning
- Group discussion and worksheet scenario
- Future planning and supporting families and carers
Duration: 3 hours