A basic level of mandatory food hygiene instruction required by all staff who may handle or serve food as part of their work activity e.g. Waiters/Waitresses, Health Care Assistants but whose job does not include the preparation of open high-risk food. Learners will understand how bad practices or poor personal hygiene may lead to food poisoning outbreaks and their role in ensuring the highest standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- The effects of food poisoning in human, business and legal terms
- Requirements of the Food Hygiene(England/Wales) Regulations 2006 and other EU directives
- Physical, chemical, allergenic and microbiological contamination
- Disease causing organisms
- Personal health and hygiene and the need for high standards.
- The importance of hand washing
- Reporting illness and the rules on smoking
- Cross contamination, sources , vehicles, routes and prevention
- Food storage-protection and temperature control
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection. COSHH
- Pest control
- Relevant monitoring of control points of a Hazard Analysis System
- Taking corrective action when things go wrong
- Recording daily routines and remedial action
Duration: 2-3 Hours