An interactive session designed to enable management and staff to develop a strategy for effective evacuation of a Care Establishment in the event of a suspected or real fire incident. The course is prepared in accordance with Fire Authority guidelines. The course stresses the need for a co-ordinated and quick response and an effective chain of communication.
- The hazards associated with fire
- The legal requirements for emergency planning
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The role of the Incident Controller
- The role of Fire Checkers and Wardens
- The correct method of telephoning the Fire Brigade
- Evacuation and the role of the Team Leader
- After the event-contingencies
- General fire safety principles
Duration: 1.5 hours
This course is invaluable in preparation for a fire evacuation practice.