Learners will gain a basic awareness of equality and diversity, including what it involves and how to comply with standards.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Define equality and diversity
- Understand the importance of the relevant acts i.e. The Equality Act 2010 and The Human Rights Act 1998
- Identify potential barriers that may occur
- Understand how to overcome the barriers
- What does equality and diversity mean?
- The advantages of a diverse society
- The Equality Act 2010 – nine protected characteristics, genuine occupational qualifications and employer obligations
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- What is discrimination; stereotyping; prejudice; harassment and victimisation?
- The effects of the above on the person concerned
- The potential barriers to equality and diversity and how to overcome these
Duration: 3 hours