Learners will gain a basic awareness of first aid procedures, their employer’s responsibilities and their own responsibilities to first aid.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- The responsibilities of first aiders and their employers
- How to treat an unconscious and conscious casualty
- How to treat bleeds, burns and broken bones
- What is First Aid?
- What are First Aiders responsibilities? – 3P’s
- Legislation – Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1999 etc.
- What are an employer’s responsibilities? – needs assessment, first aid kit etc.
- DRABC – primary survey, secondary survey
- Recovery position
- Bleeds and treatment
- Burns and treatment
- Broken bones and treatment
Duration: 3 hours