Introducing learners in the health and social care sectors to the importance of dignity and what can go wrong when poor practice takes place.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to understand:
- What dignity is and how it affects a person
- The legislation regarding dignity i.e. Human Rights Act
- What is dignity?
- Definition of dignity
- Definition of respect
- Reason for dignity and respect
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Legislation surrounding dignity inc. policies and procedures
- Behaviours resulting from poor practice in dignity and respect
Duration: 3 hours