Learners will gain an understanding of Dementia and an increased awareness of the skills that are needed when working with people with the condition.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Explain what Dementia is and its signs and symptoms
- Describe the skills needed in daily living and care of an individual
- Describe how to communicate with an individual with Dementia
- Describe how to deal with aggressive and challenging behaviour
- Describe how to deal with wandering and pain
- Explain what person-centred care is
- Outline the legislation that is applicable to Dementia
- What is Dementia?
- The signs and symptoms of Dementia
- The treatment and care of individuals with Dementia
- Communicating with individuals with Dementia
- How to deal with challenging behaviour
- How to deal with aggressive behaviour
- How to deal with wandering?
- How to deal with pain?
- Person-centred care
Duration: 1 day