This course will help hearing people understand the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing. Learners will become aware of the difficulties the deaf and hard of hearing experience and they will be guided in good practice procedures. They will learn basic skills in sign language which will create confidence in both the hearing person and the deaf or hard of hearing. This program will develop their skills in customer services and enable support and assistance to be given.
This one day course will improve and develop deaf awareness and language skills. It will improve Customer Service Skills, promote any additional service, remove barriers and change attitudes.
- An overview of deaf awareness, identifying best practice and making best use of resources
- Become aware of the different types of deaf people and their needs
- How to create the right environment
- Audio and visual activities
- Interactive communication sessions
- Alphabet and Numbers
- Learn basic communication with finger spelling
- Covering introduction, greetings, and basic questions relevant to your business
- Confidence building
- Scenarios and role play providing intensive yet fun highly enjoyable interactive participation
Duration: 6 hours